[gst-devel] Regarding Seek events.

Sumanth V sumanth.v at allaboutif.com
Tue Dec 9 13:26:06 CET 2008

Hi

    I am writing a application which dose a TrickMode operation on the
incoming LIVE MPEG Transport stream.
This LIVE stream is read by the filesrc. For doing Trick Mode i am writing
my own plugin which dose the
following operation.
* sends the data down stream.
* stores this data localy on to a file.
* generates the IFrame from this data and stores in a file.

if i want to play in rewind/forward mode i do that by sending a seek event
with setting the rate from my application.
My plugin reads the seek event dose the required operation. And at the same
time if any LIVE data is read from the
file source it will be stored in the file localy.

But if i want to perform PAUSE operation can i do that by setting the rate
to 0.0, is this allowed. I dont want PAUSE
the whole pipeline, since i want the LIVE data to be read by the file source
and this data has to be stored by my
plugin .
How can i achive the PAUSE operation with out PAUSING the whole pipeline.

Thanks