[gst-devel] httpsink-equivalent ?

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 00:05:10 CET 2008

> Well, libsoup, upon which the souphttpsrc plug-in is based, has support
> for operation as an HTTP server. I'm considering writing a souphttpsink
> some time in the next couple of months. It also supports HTTPS.
>
> Now, downsides to an httpsink could be having to worry about security.

Such a GStreamer element could be mostly used for internal purposes
(ex: for streaming to home devices, like TV set top boxes), and may
well be reverse proxied for security-critical applications...

Glad to hear a dead-simple http sink could be interesting; a chat on
the IRC channel seemed to open up the feasibility of wrapping up
tcpserversink using standard webservers... Not investigated yet this
path.

FLo