[gst-devel] GStreamer on Windows

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Mon Mar 30 10:28:43 CEST 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Edward Hervey wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-03-28 at 03:19 +0800, Alex Lee wrote:
>> HI Julien, are you a developer of Elisa? I installed Elisa on my
>> desktop (WindXP).
>> But can not run the program. It says my graphical card is not power
>> enough to
>> support it or lack of graphical driver to run it correctly.
>>

>> Seems Elisa and Songbird use different ways to build GStreamer for
>> Windows.
>
>  Most likely, yes. There's no unified way to do it. But SongBird's
> build system is documented AFAIK.

Imho, Windows developpers use mostly Visual Studio, so using what is
curently in the win32/ subdir is good enough. It's just a matter of
maintaining the vcproj file, having a good batch script to launch
everything automatically (we have that in the EFL, if you want, you can
look at it) and an installer for 3rd party libs. And finally, a script for
an installer (like NSIS) for the gstreamer packages. So most everything
can be automated, I think.

Vincent Torri