[gst-devel] seek support in gstbasesrc

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Thu May 21 12:37:14 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 03:13 -0700, google_effected wrote:

> all im confused about is that what do i have to update in _src_do_seek() to
> get seek implemented. e.g. arguments that im getting in do_seek are segment
> and  src.

The segment contains the newly configured playback segment after the
seek. The last_stop field contains the stream time (value between 0 and
the duration) where your source should seek to. If you can only
approximately seek to that requested position, you can modify last_stop
to where the seek really went to.

> so what should i update among segment entities to let the pipeline
> know. e.g. if im reading from socket and i want to seek 15 sec fwd/rewind,
> what i'll have to do in do_seek()?

Your source does never decide to seek 15 seconds forwards or backwards,
that decision is made by the application.

Wim