[gst-devel] Handling untimed streams inside mpegts

James Chamberlain james.chamberlain at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 14:00:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a mpegts stream that has one timed ES and one that is not (no
pts). Demuxing works just fine, but muxing does not because the muxer
prefers the stream with no timing until either timing is found or the
end of that stream. It looks like I have two options: 1. Change the
muxer to not prefer untimed ES streams and mux as it gets data or 2.
change the demuxer to add timing. I remember a similar discussion
around this with h.264 and aac, but the source of the missing timing
was found to be the h264parser. I am leaning toward adding timing if
it does not exist, does that sound like the most viable approach? Any
hints on the best way to accomplish that in gstreamer? The source ts
files are what they are and I will not be able to change them, so
that's not an option.

Thanks,

James