[gst-devel] gstreamer interaction with Gnome

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 10:26:52 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 09:49 +0300, Marco Ballesio wrote:

Hi,

> checking on the totem code (both Ubuntu 9.10 or Fedora 12) and it
> always overrides the gstreamer-properties settings with pulsesink. Ig
> you e.g. don't want to use pulseaudio in your CPU bound box you'll
> have to either manually modify totem or not use it as well.
>
> Are there any bugs in totem about this?

Last I checked, gstreamer-properties was useless for configuring
totem/rhythmbox/etc., because it configures the wrong gconf key for the
audio output. Totem/rhythmbox and other playback applications use
gconfaudiosink with the 'Music and Movies' profile, which is configured
in the 'musicaudiosink' key in gconf, while gstreamer-properties sets
the 'audiosink' key (gconftool-2 -R /system/gstreamer/0.10/default).

 Cheers
  -Tim