[gst-devel] Checking capabilities of GStreamer

Steve Ricketts velocedge at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 18 22:06:11 CEST 2010

I'm developing an application in C#/Mono in which I need to use both
audio and video bi-directionally over a sockets connection on Linux.  I
am asking if GStreamer can do the following tasks:

Audio

1. Take GSM 6.10 audio from a byte array and play it on the speaker
2. Convert a PCM byte array to GSM 6.10

Video

1. Capture video from a webcam to byte array
2. Convert captured byte array to compressed format (preferably MS
MPEG42 to integrate with existing app... could be other format)

The audio functions are by far the most important right now.  If
GStreamer can do the above audio functions, what do I need to download
for openSUSE 11.2 to get the latest version?

Thanks for your advice,

Steve