[gst-devel] Regarding GStreamer usage for multiple sessions

shibin k shibin00 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 12:07:37 CET 2010

Hi,

   The problem is that we may need to scale our applications to support
thousands of subscribers simultaneously. i.e, 1000s of subscribers will try
to download different video files and feed to the gstreamer framework for
decoding/parsing of these files. So if I need the same kind of pipeline that
will just decode one video format and do something for all these video
files, then do I need to create separate pipelines for all these files.

    Our scenario is that we may need to support decoding/parsing of these
thousands of files (Or even more) simultaneously and if we need to create
one pipeline per file, we'll end up creating a huge number of threads (one
per pipeline) which will not be feasible. Please let me know whether this
kind of scenario can be supported using gstreamer and if yes, plz suggest me
the best way to achieve this.

*Thanks & Regards,
Shibin*