[gst-devel] Using a Bin

Luciana Fujii Pontello luciana at holoscopio.com
Fri Oct 15 19:23:07 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 18:25 +0200, José Luis Segura Lucas wrote:

> If I create the bin usign the "normal" way (declare the bin, the
> elements, add it to the bin...) it simply can't link the videotestsrc
> to the bin.

When creating your bin you need to create a ghost pad targeting the
decodebin2 sink pad, so you can link the videotestsrc to the bin. Other
than that, you also need to connect to "new-decoded-pad" signal from
decodebin2 and link the pad to autovideosink in you callback.

> If I create the bin using parse_bin_from_description, all goes fine,
> but the image of the videotestsrc "freeze". I suppose that I'm missing
> some step... Can you help me?

I don't know what may be causing that. Check if that happens when you do
it the "normal" way too. But it's a little odd to use decodebin2 in that
pipeline. Why are you doing that?

Regards,

Luciana Fujii