[gst-devel] long pauses during rtsp playback

Doug Crawford dcraw101 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 21:40:35 CEST 2010

Ron, it sounds like you know a lot about axis video servers.  I am thinking
about ordering one of the newer models that has h.264 compression (Axis
Q7401) in hopes that it might resolve these issues.  I tried changing the
profile from Advanced simple to simple, but no success.  The GOV options are
"structure" (I or IP), and "Length".   Currently these are set to IP and 8.
When I run the gstreamer rtsp client under Ubuntu there is no initial delay
and everything works smoothly.

I also changed TIDmaiVideoSink to v4l2sink on my OMAP3EVM and I am getting
the same bursty video (fbdevsink did not work at all).  So I am now
beginning to suspect that the problem is the TIViddec2 decoder since that is
the only piece that is fundamentally different from my Ubuntu pipeline which
uses ffdec_mpeg4.

Doug