[gst-devel] long pauses during rtsp playback

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 08:30:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Doug Crawford <dcraw101 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I worked out all of the problems with displaying the video on my Ubuntu
> machine.  I had to change the sink from xvimagesink to ffmpegcolorspace !
> ximagesink.  Now, if I set the latency=100 on the rtspsrc and set sync=true
> on ximagesink the video is stable with low lag.  If I set sync=false the
> video has no perceptible lag.  So I am conviced that my AXIS RTSP video
> source is good and I am back to my original problem of figuring out how to
> display the video on my OMAP3EVM board.
>
> I tried this pipeline "gst-launch --gst-debug-level=2 rtspsrc
> location=rtsp://10.5.5.33/mpeg4/media.amp ! queue ! rtpmp4vdepay !
> TIViddec2
> codecName=mpeg4dec engineName=codecServer ! TIDmaiVideoSink videoStd=VGA
> videoOutput=LCD rotation=90 sync=false" with export
> GST_DEBUG=TIDmaiVideoSink:5.  The first warning I see is:
>
> 0:00:00.361450194  1628    0x54048 WARN         rtpjitterbuffer
> rtpjitterbuffer.c:198:calculate_skew: Clock rate changed from 4294967295 to
> 90000
>
> Then the console output pauses for about 20 seconds and then I see bursts
> of
> the folllowing log messages from TIDmaiVideoSink:
>
> 0:00:22.691528319  1628   0x1041b0 LOG          TIDmaiVideoSink
> gsttidmaivideosink.c:1854:gst_tidmaivideosink_render: render  ******* <
> (168960 bytes, timestamp: 0:00:00.000000000, duration: 0:00:00.033366666,
> offset: -1, offset_end: -1, flags: 0) 0x100808

If _all_ the messages mention a timestamp of 0 there may be actually
something wrong with the decoder. Can you please attach (or put to pastebin)
the output you get replacing the video sink with a fake sink and running
gst-launch with the -v option?

Another test could be to put an identity between decoder and sink and
setting its check-perfect property to true (indeed it must not be silent).

Regards