[gst-devel] long pauses during rtsp playback

Doug Crawford dcraw101 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 00:49:54 CEST 2010

I purchased an Axis M1011 network camera with h.264 support, but I still have
the same bursty video: 2-3 seconds of faster than realtime video followed by
a 3-4 second pause.

Here is the output of "gst-launch --gst-debug-level=2 -v rtspsrc
location=rtsp://10.5.5.34/axis-media/media.amp ! rtph264depay ! TIViddec2
codecName=h264dec engineName=codecServer ! fakesink"
http://pastebin.com/xzbMutQH

I tried adding an identity element "gst-launch --gst-debug-level=2 rtspsrc
location=rtsp://10.5.5.34/axis-media/media.amp ! rtph264depay ! queue !
TIViddec2 codecName=h264dec engineName=codecServer ! identity
check-perfect=true ! TIDmaiVideoSink videoStd=VGA videoOutput=LCD
sync=false".  But identity was completely silent.

Here is an interesting post in the TI forums explaining why there is a big
pause before seeing the first frame when using TIVideDec2
https://gstreamer.ti.com/gf/project/gstreamer_ti/forum/?_forum_action=ForumMessageBrowse&thread_id=3676&action=ForumBrowse&forum_id=187

Doug