Raw video continually scrolls vertically when played

William Metcalf wmetcalf at niftytv.com
Thu Jul 7 14:22:02 PDT 2011

I have an application in C which uses the DeckLink API to capture video
from my Intensity Pro capture card.  I take each video frame and put it
into a queue, and then I push that queue to a gstreamer pipeline using
the appsrc element.  I take each of these raw frames from the pipeline
and write them to a file.  Whenever I try to play this file I get the
video that I have captured from the cards, except that it is continually
scrolling vertically on the screen.  I am almost sure that I have my
parameters right because the picture is perfect except for it scrolling
vertically.  I am not sure if this is specifically a gstreamer question,
but has anybody else ever run into a problem like this or know what
could be causing this problem?

Thank you very much for the help,
William