'Scaletempo' and it "rate" property

Victor henri nadaeck at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 17 15:52:15 PDT 2011

        Is there please a simple example oh how to use the 'scaletempo'
        element? I'm aware thata there is documentation at the
        'bad-plugins' directory, but this is an example in four files
        and seems very complicated, when I just want to know how it
        works basically; the trick seems to be at the "rate" property
        that cannot be changed directly with 'g_object_set'

    Yes, it seems that you will need to send seek-event that change the
    rate. To bad that seek-events need a start-position (me wants seek
    with both positions being NONE to just change the rate).

    Stefan

Yes I did figured out that and I did it; I still get the same error messages :

gst_event_new_new_segment_full: assertion `start <= stop' failed

(cplayer:3266): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_pad_push_event: assertion `event != NULL' failed

Then there is a 2 or 3 seconds period of silence, then playing starts again with the new rate at the same height (wich means that scaletempo works)

In summary, it works, but with a 2-3 seconds delay everytime a rate changed is made...

        Victor