non-existing PPS referenced

Jarosław Przybyłowicz jaroslaw.przybylowicz at mlabs.pl
Thu Mar 10 07:28:19 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm developing simple rtsp server and client.
Simplified pipeline on the server side looks like:
filesrc ! decodebin caps=video/x-h264 ! rtph264pay ! rtpbin (rtpbin is
then connected to udpsinks for RTP, RTCP and udpsrc for RTCP). I used
Totem to play the stream and everything looks to be working fine. Stream
is played properly from start to end.
However, I do have some problems with seek command. Lets say, one of the
ten seek commands brakes down the player, sometimes it works, sometimes
it doesn't. After calling gst_element_seek on the server side, there is
a glitch in the player (followed by some artifacts in the rendered
video) and then I get lots of "non-existing PPS referenced" on the debug
console. Sadly it won't stabilize itself, it's broken for good until I
restart the player.

Secondly, I have implemented also a simple client, where pipeline is
like this:
rtpbin ! rtph264depay ! decodebin2 ! autovideosink
This workd nicely for few first seconds. After that I again get lots of
"non-existing PPS referenced" (no seek is performed!). Moreover, dump
from rtph264depay to filesink produces exactly the same binary data as
in the input file on the server side, so it is not a data corruption issue.

I would be very happy if someone could explain to me what can cause
"non-existing PPS referenced" because I don't even know where to start
with this thing.

Thanks in advance,

Jaroslaw