CAPS for Bayer RGB sensor

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Aug 17 04:14:14 PDT 2012

I'm trying to capture video using v4l2src.  The problem is
that my sensor only delivers bayer RGB and I can't figure
out what the caps should be to match.  The Linux driver calls
the video mode SGRBG10

When I tried these caps
   'video/x-raw-bayer,format=(string)grbg,width=2592,height=1944'
it failed with this assertion:
    gst_v4l2src_fixate: assertion `G_VALUE_TYPE (v) == GST_TYPE_LIST' failed
So, I thought I might need a more general string:
   'video/x-raw-bayer,format=(string){bggr,grbg,gbrg,rggb},width=2592,height=1944'
which now fails with:
   gst_value_get_fourcc: assertion `GST_VALUE_HOLDS_FOURCC (value)' failed

Any ideas how I tell v4l2src the details of my sensor?

Thanks