Control Bindings/Sources in GStreamer 1.x

Nox Deleo noxdeleo at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 24 09:41:46 PST 2012

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my head around the 'controllable' interface to
GStreamer element properties, and how to use it. I've found a couple of
references to how it used to be done in Python with 0.10, but things seem
to have changed a lot since then.

I've created a ControlSource set up with a ControlBinding to the property
of a GstElement, but past that I'm stumped. Could someone explain or
provide an example as to how I would go about setting element property
values using this interface, as I can't seem to bridge the gaps between
what little documentation I could find on this.

Thanks.