Gstreamer plugin for hw based player

Akhilesh Soni akhilrekha at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 02:52:09 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to write gstreamer plugin for my embedded device. I've hardware based player which takes url as input.

My question is,  to integrated the hw player what kind of element I've to implement ?

To start with I want to simplify by playing all local files. The player directly outputs to the TV after decoding.I want to have something like this  gst-launch  myplayer uri=file:///home/test/test.mp4

Please guide how can this player be integrated with gstreamer framework.

Thanks
Aks