In-band (private) messages over the network

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Wed Apr 3 07:35:45 PDT 2013

I have two gstgrtpbins on opposite ends of a connection passing pcma/rtp/udp
data.

If I send a custom downstream event into the sender side pipeline, and don't
pick it back out, will it be transmitted over the network so it is visible
to the receiver side?

Assuming the answer to that is yes, do I inject the event into the
udpsink:sink pad or farther upstream?  Likewise, where should the event
probe go on the receiver pipe?  At the same place (from a caps point of
view) that the event was added, i.e. if it goes in at the pcmaenc:sink, take
it out at the pcmadec:src?

Thanks,

Wes