Lost video

Ian Davidson id012c3076 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 05:37:20 PST 2013

Hi Tim,

No luck yet.

I did a number of tests and put the results in the attached document
(which has a Table of Contents to aid finding particular sections). The
document contains the complete script I used each time - partly for
completeness and partly so I don't lose anything.

I did the script as detailed below with various levels of debug.  I
removed the Audio branch, and I included videorate and audiorate.

Without videorate/audiorate I consistently got an AVI file where the
audio was the complete length and the video was very short.  With both
videorate and audiorate included, I got a very short AVI file and I
notice that audiorate repeatedly reported that it was dropping 441
samples (which was all the samples it had apparently received).

I am prepared to believe that I have done something stupid - but I
suspect that it is not all my fault!

Ian

On 17/01/2013 09:44, Tim-Philipp Müller wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-01-17 at 09:31 +0000, Ian Davidson wrote:
>> Thanks Tim and David.
>>
>> The script is actually
>> gst-launch-1.0 -e v4l2src norm=PAL !
>> 'video/x-raw,format=(string)I420,width=352,height=288,framerate=(fraction)25/1'
>> ! queue ! mux. alsasrc ! audioconvert !
>> 'audio/x-raw,rate=44100,channels=2' ! queue ! tee name=t ! queue ! mux.
>> avimux name=mux ! filesink location="$fullvFileName" t. ! wavenc !
>> filesink location="$fullaFileName"
>>
>> I will run with that debug setting.  When you are looking for 'a needle
>> in a haystack', it is good if you have an idea which bale to look in.
> With avimux you may want audiorate/videorate elements here before the
> muxer.
>
> Also, check if the problem persists if you remove the audio branch.
>
> Cheers
>   -Tim

Ian Davidson
--
Facts used in this message may or may not reflect an underlying
objective reality. Facts are supplied for personal use only.