Prerequisites needed for uvch264?

Peter Rennert p.rennert at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Sun Jul 21 08:12:51 PDT 2013

At the moment it seems as uvch264src of Gstreamer1x does not work. It works, however for Gstreamer 0.1x  therefore it might be advisable to go for that instead. For my project that relies on cuting the video stream precisely and saving it into several files. Unfortunately, I experienced memory issues in Gstreamer 0.1x.

I am now stuck somehow, because in Gstreamer1 I can cut an h264 stream without problems but cannot use the camera, while in Gstreamer 0.10 I can use the camera but I have a memory leak and loss of data each time I cut the stream.

I remember that I had the u_dev problem too when I tried to complile Gstreamer the first time a year ago. So I don't remember exactly what I did to solve it but I remember loosely that I ended up installing something else that shipped that header files. I don't know ubuntu, but i think apt-cache is supposed to be able to tell you which package provides a certain library you are looking for.