How to discard frames

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Tue Mar 19 04:46:10 PDT 2013

Is it possible to say "discard the current data" in a pipeline?  Which is to
say, how do I tell an element to route the current data to nowhere without
disrupting the flow in the pipe?  I realize that sending the current packet
to "nowhere" will leave a hole in the main data flow.  Can I ignore that?
Replace it with a dummy packet?  I also realize it would mess up any
timestamps.  How should I handle that?  Could I just set the data to all
nulls and have a "silence" packet in tghe main flow?

Warmly,

Wes