Using liveadder

johnwesting john.blank.westing at gmail.com
Wed May 8 09:19:19 PDT 2013

I'm having trouble getting the liveadder element to work.

This pipeline works:

gst-launch filesrc location=tone.mp3 ! flump3dec ! adder ! alsasink

This does not:

gst-launch filesrc location=tone.mp3 ! flump3dec ! liveadder ! alsasink

The output from the second pipeline is audio mostly filled with gaps. I read
several posts on this forum, and also looked at the liveadder source and
determined that the problem was likely due to invalid timestamps in the
pipeline. So I modified my own decoder to set exact timestamps and durations
on the outgoing buffers.

After the change I ran this pipeline:

gst-launch filesrc location=./myformat.myf ! myparse ! mydec ! liveadder !
alsasink

There is 0 sound coming from alsasink.

I ran the following pipeline to get some debug information:

GST_DEBUG=liveadder:5 gst-launch -v --gst-debug-level=2 filesrc
location=./myformat.myf ! myparse ! mydec ! liveadder ! alsasink

The output can be found here: http://pastebin.com/MvXtFKQ3. I don't see any
errors or warnings that look relevant to the problem. It does look like the
src caps of liveadder are never set even though the sink caps are. The same
pipeline works when liveadder is replaced with adder. What is going on? Does
this element work?