Creating rtsp server from pipeline not using gst-rtsp-server library

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Nov 7 00:00:34 PST 2013

On Mi, 2013-11-06 at 18:42 -0800, yoyosuper8 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I'm trying to figure out how to create an rtsp server using gst-launch().
> Yes! I know! Why do that when there is already a gst-rtsp-server library
> that can do all of that hardwork for me. Well, for my current project, I
> need to be able to create an rtsp server using gst-launch() and not the
> library available.
> From what I understand, udpsink sends udp packets to the ip address
> provided, therefore it does not accept multiple clients. If I'm wrong,
> please correct me.
>
> Basicall, I need to be able to setup an rtsp server using gst-launch().
> How can I do that? Any help is truly appreciated.

You can't. You can set up RTP streaming with gst-launch, but an
rtsp-server is not possible. For setting up RTP streaming see for
example the scripts in gst-plugins-good/tests/examples/rtp

I guess in theory it would be possible to create an "rtspsink" element
that behaves like tcpserversink but this does not exist yet and would
also limit the possibilities a lot compared to gst-rtsp-server.
Shouldn't be too difficult to create that either.

But maybe the test-launch application in gst-rtsp-server/examples does
exactly what you want?

--
Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com