videomixer with external images

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Nov 26 09:23:56 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-11-26 at 14:52 +0100, Frédéric Sallé wrote:

Hi Frédéric,

> I finally compiled the latest git version and, to my understanding,
> the pipeline management of the 1.2.1 (and pre 1.3) is not much better
> regarding my issue that the 1.0.8.
> The application still hangs most of the times.

Just to make sure: are you sure you are actually using the latest
version? Does gst-inspect-1.0 videomixer | grep Version show what you
expect?

Another way to overlay images on top of a video stream is the
gdkpixbufoverlay element. You should be able to change the "location"
property on the fly while the pipeline is running.

 Cheers
  -Tim