Compiling a simple 'Hello World' GStreamer Project on Windows with Vs2012

Gazoo gazoo at 42.dk
Tue Oct 8 03:45:33 PDT 2013

Dear Andoni and Sebastian,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I found out that
the offender was a windows build of Dia that the Hello World GStreamer
app snatched its DLLs from. After copying the lacking DLLs into the
System dir, the program executes.

However, I am still encountering issues. For some reason the playbin2
plugin is completely missing. I ran the gst-inspect exe, and it tells me
'No such element or plugin 'playbin2''. Perhaps I missed including some
sort of path, so I searched for any file with the name playbin2, and
even tried to look manually in the plugin folders mentioned by the
somewhat outdated documentation. No such luck though.

For fun, I tried Sebastians request, and that generates a nice window
with a test image and some antwars in the bottom right - no problem!

So am I supposed to have this playbin2 thing somewhere or is that part
of the documentation perhaps also out of date? Googling didn't help me
find anything useful so far.

Regards,
Gazoo