mp4mux question

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 01:55:32 PDT 2013

2013/9/27 Song, Yingsheng <yisong at tycoint.com>

>  Hi,
>

> We’ve been stuck in ffmux_mov under GStreamer 0.10 for quite a while and
> been under increasing difficulty for a couple of years. We are now thinking
> to switch to mp4mux so as to benefit from its new features, such as the
> fragmented mp4.
>
> I would appreciate your help in answering some quick questions as follows
> if you happen to know:
>
> .  What is the first GStreamer release which includes the mp4mux with the
> fragment feature?
>
> . If I’m using mp4mux in my pipeline, can I use the fdsink as the pipeline
> sink. Basically we don’t want to create the fragmented mp4 file under our
> server locally.  We just want to stream it to a client over the network.

Hi Song,

Fragmented MP4 can only be used in combination of a streaming protocol that
supports it such as DASH or Smooth Streaming. The new patches will be
included in the next development series 1.3.x and you will have to wait
until 1.4 to have in on stable release.

Cheers,
Andoni

> Many thanks,
>

> Song
>

>  Tyco Safety Products/CEM Systems Ltd.
> ------------------------------
>
> Tyco Safety Products/CEM Systems Ltd. Registered in Northern Ireland: NI
> 25728. Registered Office: 195 Airport Road West, Belfast, BT3 9ED.
> ------------------------------
>
> This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for
> the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended
> recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not
> disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information
> contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
> the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and
> its attachments.

Andoni Morales Alastruey

LongoMatch:The Digital Coach
http://www.longomatch.ylatuya.es