AW: Cerbero bootstrap fails on Windows-64bit at cmake

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Apr 23 06:52:59 PDT 2014

On Mi, 2014-04-23 at 11:20 +0000, Thornton, Keith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build gstreamer 1.2.4 on windows7 64-bit version.
>
> Juha Lemmetti wrote on 14.03.2014
>
> >> Recipe 'cmake' failed at the build step 'install'
>
> >>  I was able to correct this in ~/cerbero/sources/build-tools/cmake-2.8.12/Makefile (which was created as a part of the compilation/bootstrapping process):
>
> 63c63
> <       cmake -P cmake_install.cmake
> ---
> >       $(CMAKE_COMMAND) -P cmake_install.cmake
> 69c69
> <       cmake -P cmake_install.cmake
> ---
> >       $(CMAKE_COMMAND) -P cmake_install.cmake
> 75c75
> <       cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCAL_ONLY=1 -P cmake_install.cmake
> ---
> >       $(CMAKE_COMMAND) -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCAL_ONLY=1 -P cmake_install.cmake
>
> >> And then issuing './cerbero-uninstalled -c config/build-tools.cbc build cmake --no-deps'
>
> I am still experiencing this problem with 1.2.4 is there any reason why these changes should not be adopted for the next release?

It probably just got lost on the mailing list... that's why bugs and
patches should always be tracked in Bugzilla as the risk of things
getting lost there is much lower.

For the actual patch, it can't be accepted as is unfortunately as it is
patching a file that is generated during the build. We somehow have to
understand how we can tell cmake to create a Makefile that works
correctly.

Expertise, Straight from the Source