GStreamer SDK status update

Julien Moutte julien at fluendo.com
Fri Aug 22 01:27:05 PDT 2014

Dear GStreamer fellow hackers,

Just a quick message on behalf of Collabora and Fluendo to inform you about
what's going on with the GStreamer SDK :

We've updated the webpage on gstreamer.com  with the following message :

GStreamer SDK has reached it's goal

We are pleased to announce that the GStreamer.com SDK project was a
complete success. Fluendo and Collabora provided a stable release of
GStreamer 0.10 supporting multiple platforms while the community worked,
together with us, to release and stabilize the new GStreamer 1.x release.

In the 18 months since then, the GStreamer open source project has now
adopted the SDK's Cerbero build system and our continued investment has
also moved to this initiative. The project now produces its own
cross-platform releases of GStreamer, covering the desktop and mobile
platforms that the SDK originally set out to target - Windows, Mac OS X,
Linux, Android and iOS.

Each release of GStreamer made by the open source project comes with binary
builds for these platforms which can be downloaded here
<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/> and updated
documentation/tutorials are maintained here
<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/>.

For existing users of the 0.10 SDK, the documentation and downloads are
maintained here for reference but new adoption is not recommended.

For the time being, evolutions of the GStreamer.com SDK project are on
hold. Collabora and Fluendo would like to thank the users of the SDK for
their support and look forward to continuing our work with the GStreamer
community to maintain the powerful cross-platform multimedia functionality
that GStreamer provides.
Cheers,

*Julien MOUTTE*
C.T.O.

FLUENDO Influencing the Multimedia World

New York, USA & Barcelona, SPAIN
Contact phone:
Spain:  +34 933 175 153
United States: +1 212 601 2894