Streaming Mp4 file using Gstreamer

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Dec 17 06:25:07 PST 2014

On Wed, 2014-12-17 at 00:43 -0800, Gokul Vellingiri wrote:

Hi,

> I'm trying to stream a video file(mp4) using gstreamer.I tried several
> pipeline from mailing list,but it doesn't suit for my scenario.

It would be useful to understand your scenario to mention what pipelines
you tried, and how they didn't suit your scenario.

> My Server is my Ubuntu machine(Streaming a local file in my directory).

So you're just serving an already-created .mp4 file via an http server?

> My receiver is same Ubuntu PC.
>
> So if someone could come up with some Pipeline,colud be a great useful for
> me.

Try this:

gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=http://localhost/path/to/foo.mp4 \
    ring-buffer-max-size=5242880