Choppy audio when using playbin to play DVB TS

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Tue Dec 30 15:24:11 PST 2014

I'm using the following pipeline to play a DVB TS:

  gst-launch-1.0 playbin av-offset=0 buffer-size=0 buffer-duration=0 uri=http://dvb:4242/bysid/4352

Some of the time the audio (which goes to alsasink) is choppy. In some cases this is barely noticeable, but at other times the audio is impossible to follow. It seems as if this is related to the pipeline starting, as if it starts ok the audio continues to work correctly for as long as I keep the pipeline active.

The DVB stream always runs correctly using something like VLC.

Running with GST_DEBUG=*:4 does not show any errors or warnings when the audio is breaking up.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I'm running under 1.4.5.

--

Chris Tapp
opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com