RTSP server only adding client the first time it requests a connection

Frank M. fm at slums.de
Mon Jan 13 18:18:09 PST 2014

Sebastian,

I've spent more time debugging this and it looks like the socket that the
rtsp server is listening on for
new connections is affected by logic in my application that disables and
reenables the static ip interface
the rtsp server is bound to by issuing ifconfig commands. At the moment the
logic exists to cause clients
to disconnect if I can't provide any frames. As a better solution:

- Is there a way in the API to detect if it is safe to bring down the
interface through ifconfig ?

- Is there a way to send an EOS event down the rtsp pipeline ?

- Is there a way to simply stop and restart the rtsp stream to force the
clients to disconnect ?

Thanks!