RTSP server only adding client the first time it requests a connection

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Jan 15 09:12:13 PST 2014

On Mo, 2014-01-13 at 18:18 -0800, Frank M. wrote:
> Sebastian,
>
> I've spent more time debugging this and it looks like the socket that the
> rtsp server is listening on for
> new connections is affected by logic in my application that disables and
> reenables the static ip interface
> the rtsp server is bound to by issuing ifconfig commands. At the moment the
> logic exists to cause clients
> to disconnect if I can't provide any frames. As a better solution:
>
> - Is there a way in the API to detect if it is safe to bring down the
> interface through ifconfig ?
>
> - Is there a way to send an EOS event down the rtsp pipeline ?
>
> - Is there a way to simply stop and restart the rtsp stream to force the
> clients to disconnect ?

You can remove clients from the server by using
gst_rtsp_server_client_filter(), or can remove sessions from a client
with gst_rtsp_client_session_filter().
The callback can then decide to return GST_RTSP_FILTER_REMOVE to remove
a session/client.

Wim mentioned on IRC that this might not work when trying to remove all
clients of a media and then remove the mount point. You'll have to try
that and if it doesn't work please file a bug at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org

Expertise, Straight from the Source