Streaming mp4 file with "appsrc" and "rtph264pay"

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Mon Mar 10 08:59:52 PDT 2014

Le samedi 08 mars 2014 à 21:57 -0800, Ugly Face a écrit :

> when I play an mp4 file with appsrc , "GST_BUFFER_TIMESTAMP (buffer)"
> and
> "GST_BUFFER_DURATION (buffer)" are not set . I wonder if I need to set
> these
> parameters to get my sender pipeline works well?

I cannot tell you with full confidence, though the idea is that the sink
(udpsink) sync property should stay at default true, and base on
timestamp, the sink will do the traffic shaping by waiting an
appropriate time. Timestamp will most likely have to start at zero due
to appsrc limitation.

Nicolas