rewind the video

leon dudi.reuveni at comm-it.co.il
Wed Mar 12 05:11:07 PDT 2014

Greetings!

I have pipeline and I need to control the speed and direction of the video.

fast forward and slow motion works perfect
but when I try to rewind, I get this message:

 ** (project name) WARNING **: seek failed

this is the pipeline:

filesrc movie.mp4 ! queue ! decodebin2 ! autovideosink

this is the seek code:

gst_element_query_position (pipeline,&format , &position)

if (rate > 0) {
	  seek_event = gst_event_new_seek (rate, GST_FORMAT_TIME,
GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH,
         GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, position , GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, 0 );

  } else {
    seek_event = gst_event_new_seek (rate, GST_FORMAT_TIME,
GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH ,
     GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, 0, GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, position);
  }

gst_element_send_event (pipeline, seek_event);

if someone know why this is happening, Ill be happy for some help!
thanks.