[rtspsrc] access actual h264 PTS values

Arjen Veenhuizen arjen.veenhuizen at tno.nl
Wed May 7 23:55:13 PDT 2014

Just to answer my own question: of course h264 does not have any PTS values
or timestamps in general. Those are added by the transport protocol (e.g
MPEG2 Transport Stream or RTP payloader). The gstrtpjitterbuffer within
rtpbin within the rtspsrc element can acccess the timing information within
the RTP packets (see RFC 3550). By putting a special value in the
base_extrtp field at the server side (which is normally a random number but
for which I used an NTP clock value), I was able to reconstruct the actual
frame creation timestamp at the client side.