Is Opus encoder included in Gstreamer?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Sep 15 12:18:50 PDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-09-15 at 12:09 -0700, ge_keep wrote:

Hi,

> I just run with the absolute path and this is what I got:
> # gst-inspect-1.0 <absolute path to libgstopus.so>
>
> (gst-inspect-1.0:1491): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
> '<absolute path to libgstopus.so>': libopus.so.0: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory
> Could not load plugin file: Opening module failed: libopus.so.0: cannot open
>
> I do have libgstopus.so and libopus.so.0 into the plugins directory.
> when I check on GST_PLUGIN_PATH, I found it was not set!!!
> So I went and set it to the <absolute-path-of-the-plugins> with
> # export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=<absolute-path-to-the-plugins directory>
>
> I still have the same error about "No such file or directory".
> Any other setting needed?

It looks like you installed/moved libopus.so* into the wrong directory.
There should only be GStreamer plugins in the plugins directory, shared
libraries should be in the directory above the $xyz/gstreamer-1.0/
directory, not inside the $xyz/gstreamer-1.0 directory (or
in /usr/local/share or wherever. libgstopus.so should be in the plugins
directory, however.

'make install' in the opus build tree should have done the right thing.

You might have to run 'sudo ldconfig' or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make the
linker find the newly-installed library.

ldd <absolute-path to libgstopus.so> should show you where it's finding
other libraries, and/or if it's finding libopus.so*

 Cheers
  -Tim