Could not find the required OpenGL|ES 2.0 libraries

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Jul 29 08:21:07 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Matthew Waters <ystreet00 at gmail.com> wrote:
> To be able to remote debug this properly, one needs to know
> 1. OS type/version
> 2. Graphics/hardware (nvidia, amd, intel, rpi, some arm soc, etc).

FWIW, it's probably some flavor of arm linux, judging by his email address and
http://www.keejob.com/search/jobs/view/15924/ing%C3%A9nieur-syst%C3%A8me-embarqu%C3%A9-linux-hf/

Hamdi, I often debug configure failures by examining the configure file
and seeing how it's testing.  In this case it's probably trying to
link against the
function glTexImage2D() from the library -lGLESv2. Is something like
libGLESv2.a, libGLESv2_static.a, or libGLESv2.so present on your
system?  What OS is this, and which graphics drivers are you using?
(And as Matthew wrote, how did you invoke configure?  A full log might
also help.)

Also, beware, there may be multiple versions of these, one from Mesa
and one from your hardware vendor's drivers; see e.g.
http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianXBMC
- Dan