Getting frame from rtspsrc

maxilase zenos_22 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:12:57 PDT 2015

Hello Gstreamers !

I am building an application that is taking a gstreamer stream as input and
get the raw data to display it in an small picture.
I mostly followed thoses links :
gstreamer-and-qt-interaction
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/gstreamer-and-qt-interaction-td4659016.html>
gstreamer manual
<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/section-data-spoof.html>

In order to test my program, I did a test pipeline and add more and more
features.
At first I was taking videotestsrc as input :
/videotestsrc pattern=smpte is-live=1 ! video/x-raw, format=RGBx, width=640,
height=480, framerate=30/1 ! videoconvert ! videoscale ! appsink name=sink
caps=\"video/x-raw,format=RGBx,pixel-aspect-ratio=1/1\"/
It was working fine and without any problem.

Now I have to get the source from a videostream. I firstly tested this
pipeline :
/rtspsrc location=rtsp://IPADRESS:PORT/test ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 !
autovideosink/

This pipeline works fine when i activate the RTSP server.
However I am unable to do the same as before with this new source.
/rtspsrc location=rtsp://IPADRESS:PORT/test ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 !
appsink caps="CAPS" /

I activated some debug information about the appsink and see nothing
unusual...

After further investigation I find out that the problem seems to come from
the format I am using. Since I am putting this raw data into a QImage, i
specify explicitely a format for... well colors I guess...

Obviously I tried to make the formats fit : I used "format=(string)RGBx or
RGB16" and in the QImage provided QImage::Format_RGB32 (I tried all the RGB
by the way).
I even printed in my callback when a new frame arrived and sometimes 1 or 2
frame are received before the program crahses... and sometime the program
crashes at the very first frame.

I dont really know about image formats but it is definitely what makes
program crash.
Anyone has ever tried this ? Getting good result ?