gstreamer get video playing event

Ozgur Cagdas ocagdas at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 07:58:06 PST 2015

Hi,
I am quite new to gstreamer and trying to get some metrics on an existing pipeline.
The pipeline is set as 'appsrc queue mpegvideoparse avdec_mpeg2video deinterlace videobalance xvimagesink'.xvimagesink only has a sink pad and I am not sure where and how its output is connected to but I am interested in knowing when the actual video device/buffer displays the first I frame and then video starts rolling.
The application sets the pipeline state to 'playing' quite early on, so, listening on this event does not help.
Regards,