gstreamer get video playing event

abdus_salam ocagdas at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 01:37:15 PST 2015

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually enabled some extra debugging and what
happens is, the pipeline gets the async_done event, then the state of all
elements and the pipeline changes to playing, the first I frame is displayed
but it stays frozen about 2s until the video actually starts playing.

The appsrc reads this data from a file but I am not sure how xvimagesink
pipes it to the video decoder. This is a desktop linux system and I see the
mention of ffmpeg video decoder in the logs, so, is there a way to get
events/logs from the debugger or is this out of the scope of this forum? If
it is the latter, I'd at least appreciate the information to locate which
decoder/device node is being used.

Regards,