what difference the gst-omx and gst-openmax?

zhang007z zhang007z at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 17:55:12 PST 2015

I use google to search gst-omx and gstopenmax,but I think that the
functionality of two plugins seem to be same.I don't understand that what
relationship between gst-omx and gstopenmax. according to their individual
documentation, (1)gst-openmax is a GStreamer plug-in that allows
communication with OpenMAX IL components. (2)gst-omx is that This module
contains a plugin that wraps available OpenMAX IL components and makes them
available as standard GStreamer elements. at above two points I think that
they are implementation of OpenMAX IL wrapper. what implement them by two
mehtod if they are same wrapper for OpenMAX IL? Anybody have any idea for
me,thank you to explain this issue for me.