Improve performance desktop recording

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Sun Nov 22 07:28:17 PST 2015

Some hints, videobox is very slow, try not using it if possible, you
can replace with videocrop in some cases. You could replace videomixer
with compositor, which is better designed for live. Use the pad
properties on the compositor to place the incoming video in your
composition.

If you have GL, you could try and do the composition using glvideomixer
and other GL elements.

good luck,
Nicolas