Building Qt plugin for embedded (i.MX6)

Jon Evans jon at craftyjon.com
Tue Oct 27 08:45:24 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am excited about the new QML video sink in 1.6, and quickly made a little
test app that compiles fine on Linux desktop.
My ultimate target is an i.MX6 device running Boot2Qt / Qt 5.5.  I am using
Yocto to build GStreamer.
This has GLES2 and rendering is via the EGLFS plugin (so no X11 or Wayland)

When I try to build gst-plugins-bad, the configure script does not enable
the Qt plugin due to:
configure: WARNING: Could not find any Qt Windowing integration

Digging into the configure script a bit, it looks like it is not picking up
on the fact that I want to use EGL, and is then checking for X11 and
Wayland and failing to find either of those.

I am going to keep digging around to see if I can figure out why it's not
picking up EGL, but I thought I would ask here in parallel -- has anyone
successfully built the new Qt plugin in a similar cross-compile EGL
environment?  Any pointers?

Thanks,
Jon