Setting bitrate on Andorid AVC encoding no effect?

Carl Kovamees ckovamees at novetta.com
Tue Sep 29 19:48:00 PDT 2015

Thanks Nicolas!

I think the graph was generated too early, some of the elements were still
going from paused to play... I waited 30 frames and then generated the
dot-file. It looks much better (I've attached it for the curious).
pipline_bitrate_property.dot
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4673881/pipline_bitrate_property.dot>

You were correct about the problem with the bitrate in the caps. I removed
it from the caps when generating GstEncodingProfile and instead set the
property on the encoder directly and it worked great.  Thank you!

However, that defeats the purpose of the GstEncodingProfile - doesn't it?
How will I know what encoder a particular device is using?

Can I look it up by interface? How is this intended to work across different
devices when the HW encoder isn't know ahead of time?

/Carl