capturing both audio and video with gstreamer to a file

xargon daga_pankaj at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 19:40:18 UTC 2016

I am using gstreamer to capture both audio and video to a file. I tried
something as:

gst-launch-1.0 -v -e autovideosrc ! queue ! omxh264enc ! 'video/x-h264,
stream-format=(string)byte-stream' ! h264parse ! queue ! autoaudiosrc !
voaacenc ! qtmux ! filesink location=test.mp4

This returns an error saying that I cannot connect the queue to an audiosrc.

Capturing just the video with:

gst-launch-1.0 -v -e autovideosrc ! queue ! omxh264enc ! 'video/x-
h264, stream-format=(string)byte-stream' ! h264parse ! qtmux !
filesink location=test.mp4

This works fine. How can I simultaneously record audio and video to same
file? I tried using a tee element but could not figure out how to use a
common sink.