How to query the GstSegment "rate"?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Apr 25 06:21:54 UTC 2016

On Sa, 2016-04-23 at 14:55 +0100, Andy Robinson wrote:
> I imagine there must be some way of querying the
> pipeline for the rate once it is in paused state, but how?

You could try the SEGMENT query, if something in your pipeline is
answering it then it will contain the rate.

But the bigger question is why you need to query the rate and don't
know it already. In the end it was your code that was setting that
exact rate via a seek :)

Also what's the bigger picture here? Why do you want to convert from
stream time to the scaled stream time by rate (which is not exactly the
running time in general, but maybe you actually want the running
time?)?