config visual studio 2015 for gstreamer plugin development

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Tue Aug 9 17:30:31 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Hao Zhang <recklesshao at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to write some windows plugins using visual studio 2015, windows sdk
> 10 and wdk 10.
> I have the Gstreamer 1.9.1 binary installed, and I am using the visual
> studio props sheets from the binary package. But, all the plugin base class
> functions can not be found? I don't knew if my set up is correct for plugin
> development. BTW the regular app writing works fine with gstreamer on my
> machine, so I am really having a hard time understand what is going on with
> plugin development using visual studio 2015.

You need to provide a little more information, such as a small relevant
section of the error output. Do you #include the headers but they aren't
found? Property sheets pretty much just set the include directories and
libraries to link against. Crucial point is that they rely on the
GSTREAMER_1_0_ROOT_X86 (and/or X86_64) environment variable being set
correctly before you start Visual Studio.