Question on GstStreamCollection object in tsdemux

Seungha Yang sh.yang at lge.com
Tue Dec 20 10:00:45 UTC 2016

Hello all.

In ts demux, MpegTsBaseProgram structure has its own GstStreamCollection
object.
For me, it's questionable feature, because paserbin have it also, and
can posting collection message.

When a program was updated, tsdemux will do
expose new pads -> send eos to old pads -> remove old pads.
 From my understanding, parsebin can figure out what is new and removed
stream.

Also, collection message posted by tsdemux may be insufficient such as
resolution/frame rate things.
So, posting collection message based on the caps at parsebin's srcpad
can be more correct.

Above things are the reason why I thought it's weird.
Is there special reason that tsdemux has its own GstStreamCollection object?

BR
Seungha Yang