Playing with element transitions

Thibault Saunier saunierthibault at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 00:19:52 PST 2016

Hello,

Did you notice that GES has APIs to handle keyframe/interpolation[0]?

We are using it in pitivi quite intensively (we can keyframe any
propery of effects or the alpha/volume properties of GESAudioUriSource
and GESVideoUriSource), you can find the code (which is probably not
the simple example here[1].

Also there is a blogpost from Mathieu about how to use that API[2]

Regards,

Thibault Saunier

[0] http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-
editing-services/html/GESTrackElement.html#ges-track-element-set-
control-source

[1] https://phabricator.freedesktop.org/diffusion/PTV/browse/master/pit
ivi/timeline/elements.py;c17fd0f095dc1e8d8b8ff6e6934a26e8d4dc502a$73

[2] http://mathieuduponchelle.github.io/coding/2013/06/08/Fun-with-vide
omixer.html